Monday, October 15, 2007

The Mighty Hunter!


Saturday was a great day for Mr. Ben. He bagged his first turkey! Actually, he is the first one in our house to shoot one. The guys were so inspired that they hunted for most of the afternoon as well. I've decided that this turkey probably cost us at least a hundred dollars a pound. Smile!
Dave says its quality bonding time with the young men in our family. I tend to agree with him.(It was also nice to have a quiet house to clean on Saturday.)
We start revival with Penn View quartet in a couple days. Our church is really excited for them to come. Their enthusiasm is always contagious. Bro. Truitt started a contest for the kids at church to see who can invite the most friends on Sunday. It could be standing room only!
We are winding up the first quarter in school this week, so that means lots of exams to study for and grade. Oh, when are the holidays?????

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm commenting on my own post. The video is of Zach shooting Dave's old shotgun. What a Kick!!!!

Lisa said...

Hey! I love the pics of your little "BIG" men out there doing what they love best. Good and safe huntn' to ya boys!!!

Love,
Aunt Lisa

Unknown said...

We loved it. Kept us laughing. We watched it several times.

Linda and Willard Cohen

The Dickinsons said...

Heidi, How hilarious that video is! We enjoyed watching it, poor kid, I'm sure I'd do the same with any gun, I'd fall right over! =)

Congrats on your son getting a turkey! How neat! If your guys are into hunting, they may want to take a look at my blog, several posts down, I posted about my brother who lives in AK shooting a HUGE grizzly bear. He was NOT bear hunting, but it came out to attack them, so he had to shoot it. I have posted pics of the bear, and he is BIGGER THAN BIG! =)

Take care,
Love, Heather =)

Holdens said...

The video clip is too cute. My friends are commenting to me about it...

Brittany said...

Great Video! We watched it over and over - laughed every time!
David and Brittany

KOSTAS said...

Amazing the video, the laughters of children as well as the spectacular fall are very amusing.
Try again

Bro Bill said...

Zach Thanks I needed that. Thats about the funniest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Thanks