Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making Memories...............

On our way to Ohio, we stopped in Indianapolis and took my mom's Aunt Ginny out for lunch. Aunt Ginny is my mom's last link to her real mom who died of cancer at thirty-three. I was able to get some video footage of them sharing memories together. It was a moment to cherish!
This is a special picture. Aunt Marie is the last surviving aunt on the Throne side. She's in her nineties and as sharp as a tack. (I hope I got a few of her family genes....)
Grandma's girl!
Mamaw and Zach

Let's just say, I'm not a pro at the water balloon toss.
My Mom attempting to win a prize in the bubble-blowing contest.
Ok kids, forget about the roast in the crock-pot and your growling tummies! Just SMILE!!!
We stopped by the old home place on our way home from church and let the kids wander through the barn. Grandma is showing them her grape vines.
Grandma Throne is the ultimate hostess. We love you, Mimi!
The gift shop/cafe here at the Gaither's headquarters is definitely worth your time . We had fun picking out a few treasures to bring home with us. The kids were really hoping for a glimpse of Bill, but all we saw was his bus! I guess next time we'll have to pay the fifty bucks if we want to see him in person!!!!!!
We stopped in Westfield, IN on our way home and my merciful sis-in-law fed us a delicious lunch. Thanks, Kandi!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time with family...how memorable. That time together will always be cherished! You have a close extended family...how very special!

Also, love the new look...it looks like a "Heidi" layout! :>)

Love Lisa~